Let Us Support The Following

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ricky Hatton: I have nothing left to prove in boxing

British star Ricky Hatton wants to make Dubai the next mecca of boxing. Speaking with Gulf News, Hatton said he wants to promote regular shows in Dubai with his promotional company, Hatton Promotions.

He wants to start the shows small and build them over up a period of time. He thinks Dubai can become the next Las Vegas.

"I realize the fact that boxing is not great here, but I want to promote it and take it to the next logical stage," Ricky Hatton told Gulf News. "There is definitely a huge potential for the sport in the Middle East and it is my intention to start at the grass roots level. I can see an area for growth here. Dubai can be the next Las Vegas."

Hatton continues to tell reporters that he doesn't want to box again. He doesn't see anything left to prove as an active fighter. He wants to focus on making his mark as a promoter.

"I have become a champion in the ring and the next best thing for me will be to make champions from outside the ring. My main goal was to become a world champion and I did this by claiming six world crowns in different weights, of course," Hatton said. "I ... know for a fact that there are not many British boxers who have won six world championships in two weights and got recognition by the Queen with an MBE."

0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed

Post a Comment



 

All Sports Updates Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision. rexor45